Monday, October 8, 2012

Catch-up

Last Monday night we had a formal dinner where everyone put on their fanciest duds and had a "delicious" served meal in the dining hall. After dinner everyone went out to a club (that I currently can't remember the name of due to the fact that I thought we were in a different club the entire night...) to dance the night away. Here are a few photos:





After this night the "freshers flu" got me again. The rest of my week was spent staying in and trying to recover (which I am still trying to do at the moment). Also, this week all of my lectures finally started. (Because I was so anxious to begin learning again *wink*) With that and a terrible cold I figured a few nights of R&R could only help me. 

Finally by the weekend I was feeling a little better, so I signed up to go on a Rag Raid. Rag Raids are day trips put on by the University of Nottingham Karnival society. This is an organization that helps to raise money for charity by putting on fun events for students. On a Rag Raid, students get on a bus, go to a different city, raise money during the day, and get wild on the bus ride home, all while wearing some form of "fancy dress". For this specific raid we were required to dress like animals. I decided to get really creative and bought a panda hat for 6 pounds at Primark. We got on the bus just before 7 am, drove four hours to Newcastle, spent the afternoon in the city center trying to raise money for the Breast Cancer Campaign, and then hopped back on the bus for the ride home. These Rag Raids are notorious for getting pretty crazy on the bus ride home, and I can honestly say it was everything, if not even crazier, than I was expecting. I love that this trip allowed me to meet new people, see a new place that I probably wouldn't have visited otherwise, and provided a great way to raise money for an amazing cause.





This weekend Charlotte, Caroline and I are off the Edinburgh, Scotland for our first weekend trip, so expect to see another post sometime next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment