Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Meanwhile in Nottingham...

I haven't blogged in a month?!?! Where has the time gone? Here is a little post about some of the things I've been up to.

7 Legged
A couple weeks ago some of the girls from my block and I participated in the 7-Legged bar crawl, which is an annual event for University of Nottingham students. The idea is to get a team of 7 people together to dress "fancy", tie their legs together, and walk from bar to bar. I can not imagine how difficult it would be to just take a few steps being connected like that, let alone walk from one bar to another. We ended up not beginning this event on time because one of our fellow "hippies" had hockey practice until late, so we just decided to go to straight to the final destination in our "fancy dress" instead. All I can say is when you put the J-Block girls together you are destined to have a great time.
From left to right: Georgie, Helen, Louise, Holly, Kate, Me and honorary J-Block member, Cat. 

I took a little tumble down the stairs last week while we were out and ended up at A&E (accidents and emergencies)...  No worries though, it's just a sprain!

Halloween
This holiday is slightly different in the UK. While I would usually rather dress up as something funny or cute, people here are much more keen to dress up as something scary. So naturally, I dressed up as the oh-so-original black cat. (I decided cheap was the way to go since I have been spending so much money on travel recently.) Our group also included another cat, a dead bride, a terrifying clown, a devil, and little red riding hood.

On one relaxed night in, we decided to have some fun with the royals...




Founders Formal Dinner
Our hall had another formal dinner last week to unveil the portrait of the most recent Cripps legacy. Many Cripps family members were there and the new Junior Common Room council got to take their places at the head table as well.
Some of the J-Block crew. Helen, Holy, Frank, Louise, Rachel, and Abi. 
Dan, another member of J-Block is the new JCR president!
Helen and me at the formal dinner!
That is basically all that's been going on in the past few weeks. Charlotte, Caroline and I went to Paris this past weekend and had an amazing time, so keep an eye out for that post coming up as well! 

No comments:

Post a Comment